skip to main content
- 'Vividly drawn... a thrilling story', Anne Sebba, Daily Telegraph
- 'Popular history of a high order', Giles Wittell, The Times
- 'A serious double biography of two of the most remarkable women in then history of aviation... well researched, beautifully written, and gives a perspective on the war that even seasoned students will find refreshing', Keith Lowe, The Spectator
- ‘The dominant story of the Second World War has been told by men. To hear from women on the front line is a revelation‘, Lucy Hughes-Hallett, New Statesman
- 'Eye-opening dual biography', TLS
- 'This compelling work has the drama and suspense of the best movie scripts', Library Journal, USA
- 'Biographer Mulley comes through in a major way... absolutely gripping', Booklist, USA
- 'Spellbinding... destined to be a movie, but read the book first', Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, USA
- 'A thrilling, moving insight into two very different but equally amazing women... an utterly compelling read', Historia Magazine, Historical Writers Association magazine.
- 'Superb... beautifully written, well paced and full of drama. The story of the two women's rivalry will never be better told', The Literary Review
- ‘One offered to fly Hitler to safety while the other plotted his assassination - yet both these women were German patriots‘, Daily Mirror
- 'Hitler's Valkyries: The remarkable story of two remarkable women, test pilots in the Third Reich's struggle against the Allied cause', Britain at War Magazine
- ‘Feud of Hitler’s Flying Frauleins’, Daily Mail
- 'One tried to kill him, one tried to save him: the women who flew for Hitler', The Telegraph
- 'The Women Who Flew for Hitler', BBC History Magazine
- 'The Women Who Flew for Hitler', interview with Jenni Murray, BBC R4 Women's Hour (from 13.24)
- 'Hitler's Flying Femmes', New York Post
- Dan Snow's History Hit Podcast
Clare on "History Extra"
Clare on "Woman's Hour"